The City of Cockburn is a dynamic and rapidly expanding Local Government Authority providing its employees with generous employment conditions and highly desirable lifestyle benefits including:
- Commuting use of vehicle
- Fortnightly RDO
- Additional 2 days leave per year
- Generous Superannuation (up to 14.5%)
- Professional Development opportunities
- Great study assistance (50% HELP contribution)
- Free Cockburn ARC Membership
- Wellness program
Cockburn is one of the major coastal cities found in the state of Western Australia. With a current population of over 120,000, the City is dynamic, rapidly growing and an exciting place to be.
Situated just 22km south of the Perth CBD, Cockburn boasts an amazing coastline, beautiful beaches and parks, and is supported by a rich mix of community facilities and diverse employment opportunities.
The Rehabilitating Roe 8 Project Manager position will be responsible for overseeing the community engagement, rehabilitation, maintenance and monitoring of the Rehabilitating Roe 8 project including undertaking liaison with the Rehabilitating Roe 8 Advisory Committee, the local community and Main Roads WA.
The is an exciting opportunity for the right person to build on the excellent rehabilitation results and community engagement that has been achieved to date.
Fixed Term Contract Until July 2023
The successful applicant will possess:
- Tertiary qualification in Environmental Science, Biological Science, Botany or related discipline.
- Extensive knowledge of, and experience in, dealing with environmental issues and environmental management practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience in, revegetation techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community engagement and involvement activities and programs
- Extensive knowledge of project management methodologies
- Extensive experience in monitoring and reporting on environmental projects.
- Knowledge and experience in budget preparation and financial management including contract management.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of bushland and wetland management
- An understanding of best practice community engagement principles and methodology.
Information: Chris Beaton, Head of Sustainability and Environment on 9411 3465 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please read the attached position description and selection criteria for a full understanding of the role before applying
- Please submit a current Resume and a statement addressing how you meet the Essential Criteria detailed in the Position Description
- Then click on the ‘Apply for Job’ button on the City’s webpage (www.cockburn.wa.gov.au/employment ) and complete the online application.
Closing Date: Friday 11 February 2022 at 5pm
Applicants are required to demonstrate a commitment to the City of Cockburn values of Safety, Customer Service, Excellence, Accountability and Sustainability.
The City of Cockburn embraces diversity and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, young people and people with disabilities.