Land management and works occurring over the December 2022 to February 2023 period:
Weed and vegetation management
- Hand weeding of woody weeds (mostly Acacia, Geraldton Wax, Agave and Tagasaste) mostly completed
- Caltrop removed from Forrest Road South firebreak and Malvolio bushland
- CCWC fortnightly weeding and mapping in s7
Land management and rehabilitation
- Water contractors undertaking watering of revegetation in the corridor every three weeks.
- Four cuts in fence repaired, Forrest Road North
- Five cuts in fence repaired, North Lake Road East.
- Two cases of illegal dumping on Malvolio Road reported and removed.
- Two small fires in Forrest Road North, 25/1/23. Minimal damage caused.
Science and Education
- Native Bee Workshop sold out!
- Native Bee survey conducted with over 10 native bee species found in the corridor
- Hearts Healing the Land Community Conference tickets on sale!
- The 19th Annual WA Wetlands Conference
- Adam Peck (Project Manager) will be presenting on Day 2 as a keynote speaker, alongside Cockburn Community Wildlife Corridor.
- Fiona Hook will be presenting the results of the Archaeological report on Day 1 of the conference.
- Emapper drone aerial survey conducted 19-23 December 2022